- the transport of oxygen to tissues
- of power generation
- the production of vitamin A
- the transmission of nerve impulses
- Inadequate synthesis of essential proteins containing iron, also due to the
- shortage of this substance, it can have harmful effects on cells and tissues.
What is it Iron deficiency is a nutritional disorder that manifests itself when the iron is not available in sufficient quantities to meet the body's needs. Iron is an essential trace element for the physical well-being. E 'mainly hemoglobin content (about 70%), but also in the liver, in the spleen, bone marrow and in the muscles, and mainly acts as a transporter of oxygen from the lungs to peripheral tissues, where it is used for cell respiration. In particular, the iron is responsible for: